Monday 1 April 2013

Groupon Deal: London Weight Management Slimming Package

Groupon, the "group coupon" offering quantity discounts which suppose to achieve a WIN-WIN deal between the retailers and the buyers.

Buyers will get the product/service at a lower cost and the retailers will get free advertisement via Groupon posting with millions of users and good word of mouth publicity from the users who purchase the product/service (generally people is more willing to try out thing that is at lower price).

But, does this ideal WIN-WIN is achievable or is being carried out faithfully by the retailers? Let's me share the real experience and you judge it.

I bought the deal for my wife as one of her birthday presents, thinking of letting her to relax and to try something that is "branded", a similar not branded traditional full body scrub and massage by a makcik will cost about 2.5 times more. Does it really have "cheap-good-great" stuff on the reality world?


Here is the chronology of the events:
22-March-2013: 
  • Purchased the deal, printed out the Groupon and bring to get more detail from the branch in Seremban.
  • The staff was trying to tell my wife it is a single session Groupon and does not come with all the goodies listed. I went again for "further" inquiry and show them the detail of the deal in Groupon website. The staff was then "oh" it is a RM28 2 sessions deal and say that I do not need to do further booking via the online booking system in Groupon deal.
  • Okay that's fine. So we make an appointment on 30-March-13 3:30PM.
30-March-2013:
  • I fetched my wife to Jusco Seremban branch at 3:25PM, to ensure we are not late. So as usual my wife is being brain washed to purchase their package for around 1 hour together with the so-call body analysis.
  • Then she was left doing nothing by the staff until 5:30PM, the reason given by the staff is there is NO available room to do the treatment! WTF, what kind of service is being provided by a reputable brand, what the purpose of asking a customer making an appointment and there is NO room?
  • By 7:30PM, the session one is completed, according to my wife there is 3 staffs trying to convince her to buy the slimming package, which I think is fine for any business, it is a payback for the discounted service.
  • The staff promised to call on 31-March-31 to schedule the second session body steaming of 45 minutes.
  • We were given some voucher, but there is no London Exclusive Slimming Kit (Oxy Trimming Gel, Sea Salt Scrub & Trimming Fluid worth RM68) and Complimentary ampoule (for bookings before May 2, 2013 only)!
  • This is the 2nd WTF, you can get a free trial without paying anything, whereas I paid RM28 and get NOTHING! I'm not sure what went wrong or it is just Seremban branch that went wrong! It is not about the money, it is all about the unfulfilled promise and consumer's right!

31-March-2013:
  • Waited and there is no one call to complete the second session. I'm really disappointed with the service provided!
My thinking of doing business: Provide your service faithfully and professionally, customer will always come back even without the hour of brain washing and customer don't mind paying as long as it worth the money. For now, I won't recommend the company at all or at least the Seremban branch at all! They are very unprofessional and zero customer satisfaction.

I'm going to send complain email to the company headquarter and see how will they response. You won't find their customer service email on their company website, I will send the email through their HR recruiter and may post in their FB page. I will keep yours updated.

Costumer is not always right, but customer has consumer's right!!

Customer "feedback" I captured from their FB page.

1 comment:

  1. It’s actually a cool and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.Detailing Services nyc

    ReplyDelete